Support our high school sports coverage by becoming a digital subscriber. Subscribe now.
1. Sierra Canyon (5-0): Amari Bailey and Shy Odom are the 1-2 punch that are spearheading the Trailblazers this season. Bailey scored 28 and Odom added 20 in the team’s win over previously-unbeaten St. Joseph of Santa Maria Saturday afternoon, 72-59.
2. Heritage Christian (12-3): When the Warriors are healthy, they’re hard to beat. Senior forward Kyle Frelow made his 100th consecutive start Saturday in the Warriors’ win over St. Bonaventure. He’s on pace to break 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds for his career this season.
3. Harvard-Westlake (10-2): The Wolverines are unbeaten in Mission League play and look more and more like an Open Division team each passing week.
4. Chaminade (9-1): Keith Higgins Jr. set a school record 51 points in the Eagles’ 99-76 win over Santa Clarita Christian Saturday afternoon. Chaminade is 5-1 in the Mission League
5. Birmingham (3-1): David Elliott scored 42 points in a win over Campbell Hall Tuesday night. The senior LMU commit is on the LA City Section Player of the Year watchlist.
6. West Ranch (4-0): Birmingham Charter transfer Corey Cofield is averaging 19.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
7. Saugus (3-1): Guards Nate Perez and Brandon are leading the Centurions.
8. Santa Clarita Christian (0-3): Don’t let the record fool you, the Cardinals are talented. The team’s three losses are to Heritage Christian, Birmingham and Chaminade.
9. Crespi (6-4): The Celts’ last three losses are to Chaminade, Windward and Harvard-Westlake – the latter two coming by single digits. Coach Andrew Moore has a young wave of talent that has Crespi currently 3rd in a top-heavy Mission League at 4-2.
10. Agoura (7-5): Senior guard Jed Miller has the Chargers 4-0 in the Marmonte League.
Bubble team: Oak Park (7-4), Valencia (3-1)