Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- The Training Manager works closely with key stakeholders to define training delivery strategies that consider desired outcomes, student learning needs, and optimal delivery mechanisms. This includes business, compliance, and soft skills training opportunities.
- Create online instructor lead learning to include gamification, interactive multimedia, video microlearning, peer-to-peer learning, scenario-based learning, and content curation.
- Establish course objectives, develop training materials (user guides, exercises, training videos), coordinate training logistics, and deliver training through a variety of methods that may include classroom, WebEx, and e-learning mediums.
- Responsible for ensuring that training objectives have been met and that students have been adequately prepared to utilize the solution in their day-to-day roles.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting on key learning metrics on an ongoing basis and improving learning adoption within the organization.
- Collect and analyze training course evaluation data, modifying the training approach to improve the effectiveness as needed.
- Responsible for managing the Learning Management System and is responsible for any vendor management and course uploads for course requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a training budget to fulfill the training needs of the business while staying within budget guidelines.
- Promote and market the LMS and various training programs throughout the organization.
- Designing, Developing and Delivering business, compliance, and soft skills training: 7 years
- Experience applying the principles of Change Management as part of an overall training strategy
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, at all levels including customers, vendors, peers, business stakeholders, and management required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products required
- Experience with the LMS systems and comfortable with creating content and administration of a system, experience with Litmos a plus
- Experience with Instructional Design tools for eLearning to include Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline as well as Vyond, Camtasia, and Adobe Premier Pro
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Training Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
5-7 years of successfully developing and delivering training for Enterprise-level software solutions (e.g. ERP, BI, CRM, ECM) required.
5-7 years’ experience as an Instructional Designer using the ADDIE process to craft Instructor-Led, web-based, virtual, and/or mobile learning solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, Business Management, or equivalent work experience in a related field required
Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 2100 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.